Friday, April 6, 2012

Pineapple Plant

My husband helped me move two pineapple plants recently in our "new to us" pots.  Earlier this week we noticed something happening with one of the plants.


We looked a bit closer with anticipation.  This is our oldest pineapple plant and is a bit over two years old.

We suspect this is the beginning of our first homegrown pineapple!!

I will take updated pictures and share as things progress.  I just planted another pineapple top  yesterday and have two more rooting in the kitchen window.  We love fresh pineapples and I see the plant as a bonus.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Dawn, this it just so cool!
you are my gardening inspiration.

Susan in SC said...

I can't wait to see what happens.

Lorita said...

This is really cool! I wonder how long it takes to mature?